As a private carrier, you are responsible for hauling goods in your own truck for your company or employer. Whether you’re working in construction, excavation, manufacturing, or any other private carrier capacity, Horizon Insurance Services has truck insurance solutions for you.

Private trucking insurance coverages

There are many different types of private trucking insurance coverages, including:

  • Liability insurance – This mandatory insurance coverage pays for damages that you cause to other people and their property. Liability insurance coverage includes Bodily Injury Liability insurance and Property Damage Liability coverage.
  • Physical Damage – Can pay for repairs to your truck if it’s damaged in an accident, whether it’s caused by a collision with another vehicle or a falling tree branch and can include Collision insurance, or Comprehensive insurance.
  • Personal Injury Protection – insurance may be required by state laws. PIP Insurance pays for your personal medical expenses or for injuries sustained by your passengers – no matter who is at fault for the accident. States requiring PIP insurance are known as “no fault” accident states. This means that damages for injuries are paid for by a person’s own insurance regardless of who is at fault for the accident or whether or not the other person involved in the accident has commercial auto insurance coverage.

If you need help deciding which coverages are right for you, our licensed insurance representatives can help you build a customized policy to meet your private trucking needs.

Private trucking insurance filings

If you travel across state lines as a private trucker, you might need federal or state truck insurance filings. We make it easy to get truck insurance filings for your required levels of financial responsibility so you can quickly get on the road. We’ll even file all of the paperwork for you.

Request quote online here or call 702-448-2180 for expert advice.