Considering Hauling Freight for Amazon?
Amazon Relay is a reliable source of loads for truckers and a great way to keep fleet moving. It helps truck drivers haul Amazon loads efficiently by guiding them on where to go, when to get there, and provides gate information for faster gate entry. It offers additional benefits, such as visibility to executed loads (Load History), ability to report delays and disruptions through the app, and recently launched, free, commercial navigation which will direct you to the Amazon truck entrance instead of the front door.
Why Partner with Amazon?
HIGH GROWTH POTENTIAL
Boost your growth with daily access to thousands of full truck loads.
HASSLE FREE PAYMENTS
Amazon-generated invoices and real-time access to invoice history reduces manual work and ensures transparency.
WORLD CLASS TECHNOLOGY
Leverage our suite of technology tools to operate safely and efficiently.
A technology toolset with everything you need to haul loads for the Amazon network.
Enjoy exclusive access to Amazon’s spot work and book loads with all-in pricing at the click of a button.
END-TO-END EXECUTION TOOLS
Optimize your business with tools that help you accept, assign, and monitor work easily.
Leverage insights and get priority access to spot work when you perform well.
The highly-rated Relay for Driver app provides faster check-in, easy scheduling, and gives you real-time updates as your drivers are on the road.
WORK SCHEDULE AND NOTIFICATIONS
Drivers get visibility to assigned work and real-time driver alerts for load cancellations.
Our automated facility check-in/out process and electronic in-yard instructions reduce driver dwell time at the gate and in the yards.
Truck-specific navigation that safely leads drivers to yard entry gates through commercial-friendly routes accounting for low bridges, weight limits, and other restrictions.
What are the Requirements to Carry Loads for Amazon?
In order to join Amazon’s freight network, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An active DOT number with interstate authority and a valid MC number
- A “Carrier” entity type that is Authorized for Property and for Hire
- A Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Safety Rating of “Satisfactory,” “None,” or “Not Rated”
- All required insurance policies including:
- Commercial General Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate
- Auto Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Trailer replacement coverage IF you operate a tractor. If you drive a box truck, this does not apply.
- Cargo coverage of least $100,000
- The following should only required if you are hiring employees.
- Workers’ Compensation insurance in all jurisdictions where your company operates
- Employer Liability not less than $100,000 per occurrence
View the latest requirements on the Amazon Relay website here.
Even though owner-operators or trucking companies hiring independent drivers exclusively should not need these coverages, you should check your local jurisdiction.